As we enter the 3rd year of the pandemic, we are trying our best to keep our bodies and minds healthy. Maintaining our bodies and our minds has a tremendous impact on the quality of our lives.
Being stuck indoors isn’t as fun as when we were kids. At times you might feel lonely or you might miss your pre-pandemic lifestyle. You are not alone and we are here to give you some tips on how to live a healthy life during the pandemic. You’ll be surprised to see such simple tips that can impact your lifestyle in a powerful way.
- Diet – A healthy diet is the cornerstone of a healthy life. The right mix of fiber, nutrients, and proteins will elevate your mood and give you unbelievable amounts of energy! Sugary foods and food with lots of saturated fat does not provide our bodies and minds with the right amont of nutrients to stay healthy.
- Healthy relationships are a great way to keep boredom and loneliness at bay. It could be tempting to let your friendships fall away during the pandemic, but the truth is that humans are social creatures. We need each other to keep our minds healthy. Creating and maintaining healthy relationships with friends and family keeps you grounded and lets you recharge your social side. Mainatining healthy relationships will improve both your life and the lives of your loved ones. When in doubt, reach out!
- Exercise is a natural anti-anxiety treatment. When we exercise we release dopamine and endorphins into our brain, making us feel good and energized. Give yourself the time to do some physical activity throughout your day, even a short morning walk before work can make a big difference. Make it a social activity or give yourself encouragement with small tasks or praises. A little motivation goes a long way, with a little exercise daily you are looking to see great results. Say goodbye to negative thinking!
- Self care – Everybody loves a bit of self care, but not everyone can take the day off just to treat themselves. Remember to serve your own mental and physical needs – take a moment to give yourself that big “Thank you!” and do something that you would enjoy. That can be taking a yoga course, a spa day, buying yourself those sunglasses, or just going somewhere pretty to watch the sunset. You are with yourself 24/7. Let yourself know you are here for you too.
- Consistency – Being consistent with your eating and sleeping schedule will give you a boost of energy and a great body clock. By training yourself to eat and sleep and regular times every day, you’ll be in perfect sync with your body! You’ll be waking up refreshed and you’ll be eating at regular times instead of whenever you feel hungry. Studies have shown that a regular sleeping and eating schedule decreases the risk of Alzheimer’s, obesity, and depression!
Our mental health is now a big part to play in our lives and some of us have forgotten to nourish it. We must stay with a positive mindset and be reminded of our mental health. Be kind to yourself.